RouteThis Helps is a third-party network diagnostic tool we use to help us mimic our products on your Wi-Fi network. It checks if the required ports are open and any firewalls that could be in place, as well as testing your network's upload & download speeds. It will also send test packets to our servers to confirm that you are able to connect to them from your location.
If you have completed all of the connectivity troubleshooting steps and connectivity best practices, and are still experiencing issues connecting to your SimpleAccess device, please follow these steps:
- Download the free RouteThis Helps app from the Appstore or Playstore.
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store and search for 'RouteThis Helps'.
- Make sure Battery Saver mode is turned off on your phone or tablet.
- Click 'BEGIN' on the RouteThis App Welcome Screen.
- When the app prompts for a code, please type "RMLK"
- Place the device that the RouteThis app is installed next to the device you are having issues with.
- Confirm that your device is attached to the same 2.4GHz signal on your WiFi as the device and next to the lock's installation location.
- Press the start button in the RouteThis Helps app.
- The scan can take up to 5 minutes but usually finishes in about 1-2 minutes.
- Once the scan is complete, it will produce a code. Please copy the code. You'll need to give this generated key to the SimpleAccess Support agent.
- If you are not already in contact with a SimpleAccess support agent, please contact support with the code and a description of the issue you are experiencing for further assistance.
FAQs on RouteThis
Answers to questions customers sometimes have about RouteThis
"Why do you need the location permission?" (Android)
The location permission on Android contains access permissions for WiFi network names and information. RouteThis does not collect or store any GPS location data using this permission.
“Who is RouteThis?”
RouteThis is a company we’ve partnered with to help us better help our customers with issues like you’re seeing right now. All the data collected through the app is entirely confidential and will let us resolve this issue more quickly.
“Can we do this without the app?”
In order to get this issue resolved quickly for you, we recommend using the application. It will ensure we can figure out the best way to help you based on information we may not otherwise have access to.
“What is this going to do?”/ “What is this app?”
The app is going to collect some information for us so we can quickly figure out what’s causing the issue you’re having. It should only take a few minutes and will make sure we get this issue fixed for you as soon as possible.
“What information are you going to be able to see?”
This app will collect general diagnostics on the health of your connection for us. We'll be able to use this data to more quickly help you resolve your issue. We'll be able to see information on where your speed is being lost, the connection quality you have in your home, your connection to our servers, and other information on the cause of your issues.
“I don’t have a phone”
Do you have a tablet like an iPad? This app works on those too. Does anyone in your home have a phone or iPad you could borrow for a few minutes?
“I’m not good with mobile apps/technology”
Don’t worry, this app is very simple to use and you don’t have to do anything except push a button!
"I have privacy concerns with downloading another application on my device"
No worries, the app is very secure and is encrypted. The only information it will ask for is network information. It does not access any of your storage, GPS location, or anything like that.
“I don’t really want to install another app”
Is that because you don’t have a lot of storage on your phone left?
If it is a storage issue – Don’t worry, you can uninstall the app after we’re done! It is also very small and it will save us a lot of time so we can fix your issue more quickly.
tags: RouteThis, Route This, Route This Helps, RouteThis Helps