For devices that support Fobs and Smart Cards, the Card Number credential option will display when updating an existing User or Guest, as well as during the creation of a new User or Guest.
To view general information on adding Access Guests and Users, please see our Access support article.
Adding a Smart Card or Fob to an existing Guest or User
- Select the name of the profile you would like to edit from the 'Access' tab
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon in the top left corner of the page
- Enter the Card or Fob number into the Card Number field
- Select 'Update' to save
Adding a Smart Card or Fob Credential to a new Guest or User
- Select the option to create a new Guest or User from the Access tab, Device, or dashboard
- Enter the required (name and door access) and preferred information for your Guest or User profile, and enter the Card or Fob number into the Card Number credential field
- Select Submit
Tips and tricks:
If you have any device on the account that supports the Card and Fob credential type, this field will display as available for Guests and Users. This credential type will be linked to the Guest or User profile, though will not be accepted on devices that do not support the capability. Refer to your device manual to verify supported credentials on your lock model.
Have a list of Guests or Users you'd like to import in bulk and associate with Card or Fob credentials?
Refer to our CSV Bulk Import Access Users knowledge article.