Access Users can be created for users you want to grant specific access rights, such as Access Schedules and specific Doors, Devices or Door Groups.
Access Users can either be created from an individual lock's management page, or from the main Access Section.
Click "Add User" Button
Enter Access User Information
- Name: Enter a name for the User. You can be use just the first name, first and last name, or anything else you would like.
- Email: If you enter an email address for the user, an email will be sent to the user notifying them. If any changes are made to the access user privileges; a new email is triggered with the update.
- Department: Enter any information you want to use to identify your groups of users.
After entering the User's information and date range, select the type of Door Access to provide.
- Individual Door: Select the 'Individual' button to provide access to an individual door or device. Then select the specific door in the drop-down below.
- Door Group: Select the Door Group button to provide access to a specific group of locks or doors, and then select the specific Door Group in the drop-down below. Door Groups must be created prior to this assignment and can be created by going to the Devices main menu, and then select Door Groups.
- Entire Location: Click on the Location button in order to provide the User access to all of the locks and doors associated with a particular location. Once the Location button is selected, click on the Location drop-down below to select the specific location for access. The User's credentials schedule will then be sent to all devices for that property.
An Access Schedule can be selected from the Access Schedule drop-down. Access Schedules are used to limit a user's access to the doors & locks they are given access to based on specific days of the week and/or hours. For example, an employer may create a schedule for Monday - Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM each day. Selecting this schedule for a User would send this schedule to the lock as part of their credential. When this user's pin number is entered on the lock, the door will only unlock if within the parameters of the Access Schedule.
If providing access to an entire location or group of locks, the schedule that is selected will be sent to all locks and doors within the location or group.
Access Schedules must be created prior to the Access Schedule selection and can be created by going to the Access User main menu, then selecting the Schedules tab.
Credentials - Pin and Card Numbers
- Card Number: If the User will use a prox or mifare card to access a door with an access card reader (via the ACS system or another lock or device with an access card reader), enter the card number here. This field will only appear for devices with card readers. All card numbers must be unique in the account.
- Pin: For WiFi door locks and pin pads, enter a pin # for the User that is between 4 - 10 digits in length. All pin numbers must be unique in the account.
The final field in the Add Access User information is to select your notification option. Select either None, First Access Only, or Every Access. Your notification details are configured in the Notifications tab but a quick select option streamlines the process for new users.