Bulk erase steps require power cycling the system to initiate, after setting the dip switches. This can be achieved by removing the connection to the enclosure power supply backup battery, as well as unplugging the AC power cord, then plugging it back in. A small flathead or pointed tool is needed to move the DIP switches.
Dip Switches for the 1502 controller may be found here:
Bulk erase steps:
Please first review all the steps first, then attempt the bulk erase following the reviewed steps. After following the steps, make sure to move ALL DIP switches to the OFF position.
- Identify DIP switch 1 and DIP switch 2. Move them to the ON position.
- Power cycle the board or entire enclosure.
- LED 1 will be on for about 11-15 seconds.
- After this, there will be a moment for 10 seconds when LEDs 1 & 2 then LEDs 3 & 4 start flashing alternately at a rate of 0.5 seconds.
- When the above LED description is occurring, move DIP switches 1 & 2 back to the OFF position.
Below is an image of the same steps as described by HID/Mercury: